To be considered for Foster Parent Certification with Benchmark Family Services
You must be at least 25 years old.
- Child Abuse Registry Check – To be completed on all applicable household residents.
- Employer – For each employed parent.
- Safety Audit of the Home – To be completed with the Home Study by BFS staff.
- References – To be obtained during training process.
- Pre-Service Training – To obtain information on total hours required as well as information regarding the training schedule.
- First Aid, CPR and Blood-born Pathogens Training – If currently certified in any of these areas, submit copies of your certification card.
- Medical Clearance – Must be obtained for all household residents.